Friday, January 30, 2015

Old Made New #2...Hearts and Flowers

Today, I made a couple cards using an old die...Bubble Daisy Border from Memory Box.  I made a couple cards using it HERE back in 2012.  I used another Papertrey Ink Sketch Recipe...loved how their border was on a slant on the bottom section of the card! BUT...as much as I looked and looked for this die, it was no where to be found (EDITED***  MERRY FOUND THE DIE!!  Thank you SO much, MERRY!!!  I was looking under Memory Box...cause that's what it was when I purchased it...found it at Frantic Stamper under the company's new name...POPPY Stamps, have linked it below in case you "have to have it:)"!)...so I am starting with a more current version using the "lovely" and very cool Simon's Heart Parade die, to show you that even if you don't have the Bubble Daisy die, you can use other border dies to accomplish the same look:)!!  Here's the "current" card, the sketch, and the 2 cards I made using the Bubble Daisy die...
 I used some...yes...paint chips for the colors...I layered the frame of the hearts 3 times.

This is the one made using the Bubble Daisy Border...I LOVED the flow of this die for this sketch...

 Yes...more paint chips...in PURPLE...the green is card stock.  The sentiment is Papertrey Ink.    Then...simplicity...black and white...
 I layered the white panel...here's a close up of the space between the panel and card...
I'm going to keep using my old stuff...you too:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS cards Lisa, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sweet CAS cards! I love that bubble daisy border and how your sentiment curves with it on the purple and green one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the design just flows across the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Lisa. I love both dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, these are STUNNING, Lisa!!!! What great dies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards! I have that heart die--had no idea it was so thin when I got it. Guess the trick is to layer it (?).

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cards! Do you give classes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, i'm a big fan of your blog! I went looking for the daisy die and found it. it is a Poppystamps die.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love the different way you used these dies! Fantastic! Thank you for such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "old" stuff is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific trio of cards!! Love the all :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the daisy card so much. I used the tea cup die and did what you did and everyone loved it! I enjoy your blog! Just a question ...how do you the color on the back? Do you die cut that too? Yours is more recessed...which I particulary like.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love this card - so much that I just went and bought the die :) How do you make the flowers stick to the white paper? Do you first cut it and then glue the flower border to the white paper (if you understand my dim explanation)? It's a fantastic card, so elegant in all its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa