Monday, January 26, 2015

Old Made New #1...Celebrate

One thing I would LOVE to do this year is to use an old stamp/stamp set or a die/dies from my vast collection and CREATE with them again...often times old things in MY collection get forgotten and I am feeling very bad about that!!  Over the years I have seen other cardmakers do this, but in these beginning days of January, I have done that...not thinking any further than the day that I was creating. I DID think, today, that I have thoroughly enjoyed playing with my old "stuff", and would like to make it a regular occurrence on my blog.  I'm not quite sure what's going to constitute old, but I've got a lot of really old stamps, so no prob there:)!!   I am going to try to create a new card and post every so often using old dstamps and dies...starting today:)!!...
 I last used this Hampton Arts stamp back in 2012...HERE.  And although the first and last ones are similar to that one in layout, I used paint chips on the one above, rather than stamping on card stock, and colored the last one.
 I LOVE rainbows, but decided on this second one, to use one set of paint chips with five different shades of blue and then frame (I am LOVING FRAMES:)!!) the candles and sentiment.  I stamped both cards with black ink and clear embossed, then cut out.  Here's a close up...

The third one I chose to stamp on kraft paper, using versamark and white embossing powder...I wanted to try having candles with a white outline.  I used my Prismacolor pencils to color the candles and flames.  I used glossy accents on all three cards on the middles of the flames.  
The stamp may be old, but still just as much fun as ever:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

10 comments:

  1. LOVE 'em all! Just beautiful! And... pretty sure that I 'need' that SSS stitched frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reuse of old stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring idea! Old stamps don't see enough ink. I love how you used paint chips. They are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, would like to resurrect my forgotten stash! Thank you for the inspiration and challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of them. I think my favorite would be the one in the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea! I look forward to seeing your use of old stash and stamps. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love every ONE! Great cards and the colors are all awesome....

    Such talent, Lisa -- We love that you share it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like each and every one of the cards, but particularly how you dressed up your old to the new with a frame and change of color. Like the white outlined on kraft as well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous CAS, love these candles and their colours! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great goal Lisa. I love this set. Oh so cute. Love them on Kraft.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa