Saturday, January 24, 2015

Floral Flaps Valentine

I had gotten the pretty Papertrey Ink Floral Flaps dies over a month ago, and am finally getting around to putting them on a card.  I used two flaps, layered three times and filled with color...
This card is a 4 1/4" square card.  I have taken some pics to show you how I did this...
 Three flaps each for layering, trimmed, making sure the bottom two are trimmed a bit more than the top one, so you don't see the bottom layers.

 Adhere together

 Die cut the three colors for filling in

 to make it easy to poke the pieces through to the white, poke out two of the unneeded pieces to be able to line up the colored with the white.

 After putting all the colored pieces in, turn over.

 I used 1/16" pop up squares and attached to the back of wherever there was a colored piece.

 This is what it will look like when you turn it right side up

Attach to die cut 4" square panel

This is what it will look like when right side up...then stamp the sentiment and attach to card.  I stamped the sentiment on separate piece of paper, and lined it up to the colored flaps panel, THEN attached the WHOLE thing to the card.  Hope this all makes sense:)!! This design could suit any right fitting sentiment...
(I added this pic after I had made this post, just to show you another option:)!)
 Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

23 comments:

  1. WOW..... amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! I think it looks especially nice with the layered look combining partial in-laids. Lots of depth and the bits of color is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love this card and I love even more that you have shown us the steps you took. I love using the bits in colour within a die cut but they sure can be fiddly. Never thought to try as you have done. Off to give it a go. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card and a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous! Thanks for the explanation. That die has to go in my PTI cart now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - thanks for sharing how you put the card together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite colour combos. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! You chose such pretty colors. Thanks for the picture tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your inlaid card and all of the directions you were so kind to include! Your card is beautiful; however, I usually love what you create! You seem to have a real gift for card making, and this one is no exception! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for a wonderful card. Very informative course. Thank you and best regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just fabulous!!!! Great technique, clever idea!!! Thanks so much for sharing and for the step by step tutorial!!! Love this card, it's stunning and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, this card IS amazing! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely amazing!!!!! Love this Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa this is STUNNING! When that die came out I hardly paid any attention to it, but now after seeing what you did with it, it's going straight in my cart! Thanks for sharing how you did this too! Really amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why did you do this? Now I NEED that die! That is super creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Great technique adding the colors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a clever way to use those Floral Flaps, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Lisa, your card is just stunning! Appreciate all the details showing how you accomplished this beauty (even though I'm not sure I can duplicate it). TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lisa, this is amazing! I have to take mine out again and look at them! No suprise coming from you. You always AMAZE!!!!!!!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is my favorite card using these dies!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi

    I love love your work. I am having trouble with your site. It won't allow me to email you and not all of your photos are loading. Just some of them. just thought you should know

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa