Sunday, August 11, 2019

Gloss and Glitter

I made a couple more cards with the Gina K Designs, Petals and Wings...I am loving this set of stamps, dies and stencil!...
I had an idea for the stems with little berries on them for both cards.  For this first card, I learned, by trial and error, to stamp and die cut the stem first, by itself.  THEN, I stamped the berries onto the already die cut stems, with Gina K Wild Lilac dye.  I found it next to impossible to stamp both the stems and berries and get them to fit into the die when I die cut...just too much room for error. YOU may be more precise, but in case you are like me, remember that tip...will save you time and paper.  I layered the berries, then covered each of the berries with Glossy Accents.  Thought I would show you the difference between the original color of ink and what it looked like after the glossy accents....
...quite a change in color, right?!!  It just so happened I had ONE card size piece of card stock that matched that purple color precisely...so stinking cool, right?!  I used a stencil from Honey Bee,  Polka Dot background stencil, to add some polka dots to go with the berries. I stamped one of the sentiments from the set, and popped up the white off the polka dotted panel.  Here's a close up...
The second one was a complete afterthought...thought of last night after I realized the stencil had the BERRIES on it:)!!...
 I stamped the stem and die cut, then positioned the stem underneath the stencil and used some glitter paste to adorn the stems!  LOVE!!  As with the first one, I polka dotted the background and used the same sentiment stamp as the first card.  
OMG...SUCH FUN!!  I love when cards are fun, easy and you love them when you're done...card making at it's best...and that's these two:)!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa