Monday, August 19, 2019

Encourage a Teacher

My children are grown, but having been a homeschool teacher to all three of them, and then almost a teacher in the public school system until life suddenly changed direction, I know how nice it would be to receive cards of encouragement.  I substitute taught for 10 years (until last year), and left cards for the teachers I would sub for.  Teaching is one of the most important and yet underappreciated jobs there is.   If you have school aged children, think of encouraging their teachers this coming school year!
I used the new Simon Says Stamp School Days stamp set from the Believe in You release, to make a couple simply designed cards...one to thank and one to encourage some amazing teacher ...
I used my MISTI to stamp the elements of this card...precision and repetitive placement was made easy using it!  I stamped the sentiment, clear embossed, and then stamped the lines over the sentiment.  Then, I moved the card stock up and down, to stamp the lines above and below the sentiment.  I added the apples to the top, colored, then coated the apples with glossy accents to give the apples some "shine".  Here's a close up...
The second one, I used the ruler from the set, along with a sentiment that went with it, to make a card of encouragement (you could even send this to a friend who is a teacher!)...
I used a wood veneer to stamp the ruler on, then clear embossed.  I used the same ruler, and randomly stamped the ruler all around the card stock panel.  I stamped and clear embossed the sentiment, and adhered the layered ruler next to the sentiment.  Simply done.  Here's a close up...
This set is so sweet, and so cool...not to mention lots of fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. VERY well said! Teachers and nurses are at the top of my "respected" list.... Great card too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darn cute! Love the ruler.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa