Friday, August 9, 2019

A Butterfly, A Rainbow, and A Birthday!

I made a birthday card using a pretty new die from Simon Says Stamp's latest release, Believe in You, the die...Butterfly Square...
I love butterflies and rainbows, they both have very deep meanings for me.  Having a butterfly and a rainbow on the same card, well, simple perfection!  I had just purchased the new Sunny Studio Dots and Stripes Pastels, a pastel rainbow of papers(LOVE how many amazing different colors are in this pack!!), and combined  tiny adhered strips of each of the TWELVE different colors of paper from the pack, with a multi layered Butterfly Square die cut.  I thought...hmmm...I could end the strips to just fit behind the butterfly, but having adhered the total 6" of striped paper strips together, the strips were plenty long enough to allow me to extend them to the ends of the card!!  LOVED how it looked with the rainbow extending out over to the edges of the card, out beyond the top card panel!  DONE!!   I added a Happy Birthday stamp from the Simon Big Birthday stamp set and some Tonic Jewel Drops for some added pretty!  Here's a close up... 
Butterfly, Rainbow, Birthday, Simply done, FUN!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done Bday card indeed! And I too like how the rainbow extended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely. As always, your creations shine.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa