Monday, August 19, 2019

Simple Makeover of Two Cards

This is a repost after my first post of these cards somehow "disappeared"...so sorry for the inconvenience to all those who linked the former post or you found no cards when you went to the post!!  I hope this one sticks around!
Did you ever have cards that you never REALLY love after you make them??  When I have cards that I just don't much care for, sometimes I take pictures of them(thinking I may like them better someday) and sometimes I don't (I KNOW I will NOT like them better someday).  I had two such cards that I made over a year ago that fit the later.  Being that I had not taken pictures of them, I only have the picture that I thought to take, as my cards were on the "chopping block" of my desk with the gray one already having been sliced by my scissors...
I didn't have any sentiments on them originally, and I just never loved the cards.  What I do LOVE, is  how wonderful this craft is, that you can, if you're careful, and somewhat crafty, can sometimes take the pieces off a card, and use them to make another.  SO...I took the flowers, stems and leaves off of both cards and used them to put on NEW cards!  OH...I almost forgot...these flowers were made with a snowflake die...yes, you heard right...a snowflake die from Poppy Stamps Boho Snowflake die set...FUN, right??!!  Here's the white daisy, redone...  
These stamped/die cut sentiments by The Stamp Market are AMAZING!!  I had never seen them until I was in Buffalo helping to clean out my parent's home, and went to Buffalo Stamps and Stuff!  Can I just say...if you are a crafter in the Buffalo, Western NY area, you HAVE to get to this store...it is a cardmaker's dream, a WONDERFUL store with such an AWESOME selection of so many companies' products, and Sharon Klima was SO kind and helpful,  I could have spent DAYS there!!  I so wished I had had more time and days to come back!!  You will NOT be disappointed with a visit to this store...I only wish I didn't live 700 miles away!!  These sentiment stamp/dies are sooooo cool...the intricacy of these dies, really make it "look" like die cut sentiments, not just die cut stamped sentiments...LOVE them!! I stamped them with my MISTI so I could make sure they were really dark everywhere before putting embossing powder on the stamped sentiment.   Here's a close up...
The second was like the first, but with three flowers and a different sentiment...
I DID redo the stems on this card, making them longer.  The sentiments are layered on both cards, and the background is made with a retired Papertrey Ink Impression Plate, Simple Stripes.  Here's a close up...
Don't be afraid to take a chance and redo a card you may not love, and make it into something that makes you happy...and you love, like these do for me:)!!  Simply done fun!!

Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful save... or rather two beautiful saves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the clever one!! I have a stack of cards that I can't throw away, but need to re-do. Love these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that was a really interesting story...and one we've all been on I'm sure! Love the way you "freed" the daisy on the gray cs...the white background was just so clean and elegant. Same for the pink flowers...something about a white background that just speaks to me! Thanks for showing us these "do overs"! Mine usually get tossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea!!! Although, truth be told I think if you had just embossed the backgrounds on the original cards you would have been much happier! Similar to this idea, I recently saw a YT'er take cards she made when she first started cardmaking and remade them with the new skills, tools, and supplies she had acquired since then. I have some of those original cringe worthy cards myself and hope to redo them similar to this, reusing pieces where possible and upgrading the parts I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa