Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Birthday Candles

I've made a couple cards to share with you today, made with the sweet new CZ Design, Birthday Sweets, from Simon Says Stamp's latest release, Believe in You.  I used the candle and sentiment stamps and their dies from the set for both cards...
For the first card, I stamped the candles with black ink and clear embossed.  I colored them, then layered them, and adhered them above a stamped and embossed sentiment.  I used a glitter gel pen to color the flames (Jelly Roll Clear Star pen).   I used a Simon stitched square die to enclose them in,  and here's a close up...
The second one, I embossed with white powder and used the same gel pen for the flames...
This one, though, I used the Simon Round and Round Background stamp and a thought (and some input from my daughter...thanks honey!).  I had stamped the background stamp in light gray, then black and made the aperture for the candles a square.  Her idea was to use a glitter gold to match the flames of the candles.  Funny thing, my daughter is the one who had given me some glitter gold embossing powder, which is the ONLY glitter embossing powder I have!  I also opted to gold emboss the black cardstock that would be peeking out from the white(I hand cut the circle from the white panel),  and line up the circles.  Love the shine and yet glittery look this powder gives to the lines!  Here's a close up... 
The first card, a no brainer, the second a bit of trial and error, and although they both have six candles, the cards are both pretty different from each other.  Either way, SO MUCH FUN!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Sweet design. I love the extra touches you always use. Such a treat to see your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Round the round is a really neat effect. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa