Friday, August 23, 2019

Scallop Waves Made Rainbows

I made a couple cards using the new Simon Says Stamp Scallop Waves background stamp, from their latest release Believe in You!  I know this is a "wave" stamp, but I only see rainbows when I look at this cool stamp...so I used it to make two cards with rainbows...
 These cards were simply done, stamping, clear embossing, then coloring the 6x6 stamped waves/rainbows with my Sharpie/Mark It markers.  I tested the colors before I colored, to not only get the "right" colors, but to also get just the "right" shades of each color in the "right" place.  I colored most of the 6x6 stamp, then cut a couple strips for these two cards.  I recessed the first one, popping up the white panels above and below the rainbows.  I added a sentiment from the new Simon Greetings Mix 1.  Here's a close up...
 The second one, I shortened and layered the strip,  and adhered it across the lengthwise section of the short side of an A2 card with a sentiment from an older Simon set, Jumbo Stripes...
What is so cool, is that you can color one large stamped image and use it for multiple cards!  Here's a close up of the second card...
Okay, LOVE the rainbows...they make me sooooo happy, and the coloring was so much fun!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Love the full imapact this lovely card has. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card. I got this stamp and haven't played with it yet. Your idea is great.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa