Sunday, October 5, 2014

One Die, Two Color Schemes!

Oh, the wonderful new things Simon Says Stamp keeps coming out with...the Cold Hands, Warm Heart Collection that was released on Friday, is FILLED with Winter wonderfulness, and the Ring Frame die is especially cool to me, as it is a very versatile die, one that can be used for everyday cards as well as cards for the winter/Christmas season!!  I made a couple cards!!  The first one I made, I began with inspiration from a Sure Fit flyer I got in the mail (they are a company that specializes in sofa/recliner covers) and a pillow that was on the cover.  Here's my card and inspiration...

 I LOVED the colors in this pillow!!  I immediately thought to put my new die to use and make a much needed thank you card for a friend!!  I used textured paper for my card AND the circles...the frame is a speckled off white paper and layered.  The sentiment is Paper Smooches, glossy accented after layering.  Here's a close up...
The second card was made with Christmas colors, using a perfectly sized snowflake from last year's Simon collection along with two sentiments from the STAMPtember® release!...
 Again, I used textured paper with this one, and layered the frame and snowflake.  Here's a close up...
What a FUN die and what a FUN time I had!!  

Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

19 comments:

  1. Oh these are lovely I especially love the Christmas card <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one fantastic die - and i love how you've used it - my favorite is your first card - love those muted colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loooooooove how you used this die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your thank you and X-mas cards, Lisa!!! What a lovely die!! Gorgeous cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one would also make a good masculine card. The Christmas card is cute also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these! The Christmas one sings to me! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool cards - love the texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Lisa... you're such an enabler!! Now I really do love this die *wink* Gorgeous colours and works so well as a set of frames too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasn't sure about the die until I saw this post Lisa...now I have to have it!! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your style of card making and wish I knew how you layer your die cuts so perfectly. Awesome cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've thought this many times, so please forgive me if this is a repeat request. How do you stack your die cuts so perfectly - you do super-close-ups and I don't see any mismatch at all! Mine always look rough down the sides. Any advice would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always do such a wonderful job using dies like this one. You show off their versatility to the max.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could you share what card stocks you used on the Christmas card? I love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The most beautiful card . Could you tell me the name of the die and what brand it is .... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your THANKS card is smart and shows good taste. Your Christmas card is so bright and fresh-looking. I wish I had this die. I would make your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just saw your card on the SS blog, monthly favs. CONGRATS on being featured! It is exceptional. LOVE the traditional Xmas colors and snowflake center. Great way to use the die. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was a great way to showcase a die that most of us would look at and go "hhmmmmm". I'm sure you have encouraged most of us to take a second look at the circle frame die. Clever girl.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa