Thursday, October 9, 2014

Maple Leaves Are Magnificent!

I am originally from Buffalo, New York...AKA Western New York.  The leaves in the fall are stunning, especially the Maple leaves!!  Living in Virginia, I so miss that intense, beyond beautiful array of color!!  There is no other tree that compares in Fall color to the maple...I just got this new Poppy die and had to try my hand at some watercoloring...trying to capture a hint of that wonderful color...
What I love about these dies is that they have the embossed definition in the die...love the veins!!...
Layered the border 3 times and used watercolor paper for the leaf.  The sentiment is from a wonderful new set from Simon Says Stamp, Autumn Blessings!  I am entering this card into the Less is More challenge this week which is a color challenge...Autumn's Bounty...to have shades of Fall in your card
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa
EDITED:  Thank you so much, Chrissie and ladies for Showcasing
my card this week!!...I am truly honored and so appreciate your acknowledgement...wow...you made my week!!


11 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is simply gorgeous and so realistic! You did an amazing job of coloring the leaf. It looks like the ones near me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    I own this die and love it! However I seem to have problem gluing it down. Could you let me know what you use? TIA from a long time lurker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Lisa... looks like the real thing :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree your maple leaf is brilliant !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful, rich colour on the leaf die and your fab CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Love the texture on the leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, this is stunning!! It's so clean and simple yet striking with that rich color. Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Lisa!!! Love that stunning maple leaf!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your cards Lisa and is brilliant. Great colours, CAS perfect and a wonderful lead die. Thanks for joining the LIM challenge this week.
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry that this is another late visit from me for this challenge.
    This is simply stunning, I love this die and your use of colour is terrific!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa