Sunday, August 3, 2014

Twisted Hexagon Circle

I was inspired by Karolyn's wonderful card  HERE to get my Simon Says Stamp Hexagon Pattern Circle out...it has been a while since I've played with it...and make a card.  I thought I would do a colored flower, a rainbow pattern, and then, while layering to make my layered circles deeper, you know me and depth:) (there are 4 layers total), while attempting to glue them together,  I twisted the circles by accident and this happened...
...LOVED...isn't this a cool accident??!!!  I tried to put vellum in the hexagons, nope...then I colored acetate, then die cut...nope, then tried a bottom layer of colored paper hexagons in the flower, nah...but, with my daughter's advice, decided to just leave all the hexagons plain...anything I tried to add just wasn't as nice as nothing:):)!!!  I used a stitched rectangle by Lil Inker Designs around the outside and a pretty sentiment from a new set from Simon Says Stamp (LOVE this set:)!!).  The blue is Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores. Super simple but SO MUCH FUN!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. This turned out so pretty! I like it plain but like you would have tried filling it up first. I like the lacy, but also the stained glass look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful "accident"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your happy accident! thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your happy accident! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous "accident."

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOA! Awesome happy accident!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!! This is so stinkin' cool! I am in awe of how completely different it looks by just giving it a little twist! Love, love, love!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa