Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Cutting Edge Challenge #9...Stars

Wow...what amazing and wonderful cards were in the Cutting Edge gallery the last two weeks...thanks to all of you who take the time to be a part of this new challenge...it is soooo fun to see all your different takes on the inspiration card....just wanted you to know we all appreciate seeing your creative artistry each week....thank you!!

It's time to share the next Cutting Edge Challenge!  This week's inspiration project is one of my cards.....


 You're to use my card for your inspiration for this next two week challenge, and create a card that includes die cutting (all forms accepted).  Whether the flowers, colors, layout...there are always so many different ways to be inspired, right?:)!!    Here’s what I created:


I decided to try some stars in place of the flowers, rainbow, of course, with a dark simply pierced background and dark, printed card panel like the original.  I layered all the stars and added enamel dots in the colors of the stars.  I also added a heart over the sentiment's heart and glossy accented it...FUN!!
We’d LOVE to have you play along with us! If you click on through to The Cutting Edge Challenge Blog, you’ll find lots of information, including:
  • The Winner of the last challenge, as well as the Top 3, are being announced;
  • The Cutting Edge Design Team is sharing their samples for the challenge, and they are pretty fabulous;
  • The InLinkz link-up tool for you to link up YOUR project!

The challenge closes on Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 9:00 AM EDT, hope you will join us!!  You can find everything you need to play along HERE.  We can’t wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Love the colours against that chocolate brown! Great case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came to your blog after sending you an email and when I clicked on CE I saw that I won ..wow what a surprise.

    I love your take on the beautiful inspration photo, such a great idea to use stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are gorgeous. Love the colors you chose for each!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such striking cards Lisa, love the colourful stars against the dark background, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE your color choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pops of colors against the dark background. Super fun Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you cased yourself Lisa. Awesome colors. Love that little heart next to your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa