Sunday, August 3, 2014

Rainbow Birthday Cake

I haven't joined many challenges of late...time online and even creating for different challenges has been rather non- existent!  But...I do look at the challenges, even if I can't join!!  I spied the cue card for the CAS•ology challenge this week...it was RAINBOW...I could not pass this one by...no way!!  Only thing...with all the rainbows I make, I COULD NOT THINK OF A SINGLE RAINBOW IDEA!!!!
This morning, around 3am, while waiting for Noah to go to sleep...I have MANY nights like that...while watching tv, I saw a commercial for colored cake mixes...the final shot of the commercial...a TALL RAINBOW  CAKE!!!  SO...
I pulled out all my colored glittery paper, cut strips from each color, plus really thin strips of watercolor paper(looked more like a vanilla color and was slightly textured) as well as a rounded triangle and thicker strip for the frosted outside of the cake from the same watercolor paper.  I adhered all the strips onto a separate piece of card stock and after adhering the outside triangle and strip, I put post it notes on the colored strips to keep them clean, then spread some white embossing paste on the outside strip and triangle top. After letting the paste dry,  I popped up the cake piece after adding a Lawn Fawn sentiment.  The card is 6" x 4 1/4"...used some textured bazzill  for the card.  Just thought that tall piece of cake needed a bit taller card:)!!  OK...so much fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

EDITED:  YAY...My birthday cake was voted an Honarable Mention this week...
Thank you so much, May, for the wonderful recognition...you made my day!!!


19 comments:

  1. Wow, that cake is amazing! The 'icing' is so realistic...and glitter on the cake strips - perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just might be the card that convinces me to buy embossing paste again. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! It looks just like all the cakes I pin on Pinterest! Glad your late nights result in such amazing ideas and I'm so glad you were able to joing us at CASology this week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such an amazing cake, I want to eat it! Brilliant Lisa, just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just genius! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely rainbow !!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CASology!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cute idea for making a slice of cake. The embossing paste makes great "frosting".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my word! You are genius, Lisa! Who couldn't resist a rainbow cake! Love this!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  9. Genius, I love it! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this is amazing. I love it, so realistic I want a slice :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when a lightbulb moment happens and this was a brilliant one,executed to perfection. Your card is just fab and well worth the HM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa your cake looks good enough to eat! So artistic! Have you ever made a rainbow cake? My niece made one last summer, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my!!! this looks good enough to eat Lisa...love the textured frosting :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it! best birthday cakes orange county

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so cool. thank you so muchh

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa