Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thinking of You...

I just HAD to try my hand at another card for Less is More's die/punch challenge ...found a stamp at AC Moore's, yesterday, that gave me ideas.  And when a stamp gives you ideas...well, I go with them...here's the Hero Arts stamp:
Masking the bottom of the stamp, this is what I made with it:
Used Papertrey dies with Papertrey polka dotted paper and chipboard.  I decided on the yellow...thinking of a smiley face and put the letters in the shape of a smile...hee  hee.... Here's another one:
 My many years of cross stitching have begun to come in handy as I have 3 boxes of colored floss (that I almost got rid of NUMEROUS TIMES, but didn't...thankfully) and chose 5 colors that made ME happy when I looked at them.  I wrapped floss around a piece of chipboard, comparing the width of each color with the die cut letters.  Here's a close up:
 I know that my "h" is a little off, but it was hard getting the letters perfect...if anyone has any tips to conquer that...PLEASE let me know....but....that aside.....Yeah...NOW I'm happy!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. These are both fabulous cards Lisa, I would be happy too if I'd created them!
    I love the curved text but the there'd showing through the letters is just brilliant :0)
    I have a good stash of embroidery threads too from my X stitch days :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks great!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing ideas Lisa... the wrapped thread is simply brilliant!
    Thank you once more for a fabulous submission.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow these are stunning - my favourite is the bright and cheerful happy card! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both these cards...Clever clever ideas that I wish I had thought of!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun cards and they really do make you smile. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are fantastic! Love that you used the stamp 2 ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fantastic idea from you Lisa and both stunning results!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards always make me smile! LOVE the idea of wrapping the floss...did you glue it down and then cut the letters? Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are really wonderful. I think my fave is the one with the floss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great when you get that sudden spark of inspiration and both your cards are brill. Really like the coloured threads. x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa