Sunday, February 5, 2012

Clean and Simple 176

Here's a card I made for Clean and Simple's  sketch 176  my card and the sketch:
 You can see, by my card, that I totally flipped the sketch sideways...it just "worked" that way for me.  I had taken a Hero Arts flower(Stitched Frame) and was trying my hand at coloring it(Sharpie Markers), when I decided to use it and 3 more like it for this sketch.  The only thing is...the flower is a little bigger than I probably should have used for the sketch...so turning it sideways was best for the sentiment.  I purchased this Happy Birthday stamp a couple years ago from a lovely company in Australia, Montarga...just LOVED the fact that it was vertical, but  really loved the script, as well.  Dotted the middles of the flowers with Enamel Accents(dotting in random places and letting the dots dry before dotting more, so they didn't run together)...here's a closer look:
Just gives it a little texture...and speaking of texture...used my same FAVORITE Papertrey texture plate(Linen/Canvas) for a little texture on the card, itself(Taken with Teal  paper wound up matching my sharpie colored flowers PERFECTLY).  The lighting is tough, today...a dark and rainy day here, so thought I would show you what it looks like a little closer up:
Framed in black and used EK Success border punch with white Enamel Accents for the frame. The card is 8" x 4"...Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

10 comments:

  1. I love how you flipped this layout! Pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, specially the center of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this creation Lisa, fabulous

    happy sunday

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card...love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you flipped the sketch. The flowers down the side are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant idea for the flower center...a perfect touch on this fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Lisa. I like how you have incorporated the black

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and gorgeous colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to flip the sketch Lisa and I love those flower centres..... You are a patient crafter :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty, Lisa! I love the vertical layout.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa