Friday, February 3, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays...The Red Carpet

This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays...challenge38...The Red Carpet is to make a card inspired by a movie. Can you tell which movie I chose?:
I chose Finding Nemo, for when I saw the challenge and thought what to do...what to do....and thought some more...I remembered that I had this sentiment.  It is something Dorey the fish says in the movie that has become a saying for my life and one I speak to others...JUST KEEP SWIMMING!!
I used Broken China distress ink and swiped it over white paper for the ocean color.  I embossed with folder, die cut with nestie and layered on chipboard.  Used the same little fish(it is Stampin Up, but I bought him on ebay by himself, so don't know what set he's from.  He had "Best Fishes" on his stamp, but cut out just the fish.) three times and cut out.  Colored with markers and added to die cut Papertrey Ink Larger than Life die cuts.  The sentiment is Unity/Ippity(Fishy Philosophy).
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! How cool that you had that sentiment in your stash. Love your fish bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN and SWEET!! I guessed it right away, Lisa! Your use of the embossed folder is brilliant! Love this darling card! So glad you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! I did guess! The circle is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guessed it, I guessed it :0)
    How cute is this little scene, the bubble bkgd is just perfect!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little Nemo's :) Really cute and clever! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How "fin"tastic is this card?! Love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! That EF is perfect for sea themes and loving the seaweed you added. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest card ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so so cute! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha! Swimmingly gorgeous card, his set is called 'very punny' love it they are so corny but perfect LOL Have a wonderful weekend, hope you're nice and warm, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, this is just adorable and so well made. Genius to use those PTI dies for seaweed. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nemo :O) Just Keep Swimming!!! Love it...my grandson and i watch it together. Fabulous creation love the textures just finishes the card off perfectly

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute, Cute, Cute! I love everything about this card! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect card for the challenge and love that sentiment. I'm still in the thinking process. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL I guessed it! Your card is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. DARLING!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just a note to say how cool I thibk it is that your card was one of the ones picked!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute!! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa