Monday, February 27, 2012

The Play Date Cafe Challenge 120

A little over 2 years ago, when I reentered the stamping world after an almost 10 year leave, I joined Splitcoaststampers and put my first card on the internet on January 1, 2010....that was a HUGE deal for me!!  I got involved in all the various challenges there, but it wasn't too long before several things happened. Among those being, I found I was really intimidated by color challenges and inspiration challenges.  I did the clean and simple and sketch challenges, but left the color and inspiration challenges for others to attempt!!  Why do I tell you all this????  This year, my resolution in the area of stamping is go back to those places of difficulty that I ran from and still tend to run from, and challenge myself to grow in the area of multi color  and inspiration challenges!! I have begun joining challenges with more of those flavors, and it is still a little hard for me, but NOW it doesn't seem nearly so impossible to create!  I decided after seeing the pictures on a whole bunch of blogs, to join The Play Date Cafe Challenge...a color WITH inspiration challenge...talk about challenge...lol!!!  I used Mellow Moss, Calypso Coral (the closest orange I had to Orangesicle)and Bashful blue...
I am loving the morning light  in my kitchen window for picture taking...
 I used a Papertrey Ink set Background Basics:Circles and a little sentiment set from Hero Arts (Just Wanted CL175).
I stamped the sentiment, then stamped the circles on either side...an easy stamp...just make sure to use a gridded block to help with straightness.  I colored with markers, and decided to try dotting with Glossy Accents to give the circles some dimension and texture.  I think it darkened the colors a bit, but also intensified the colors, if that makes sense.  Here's a close up to show you what it  looks like:
Thanks for bearing with my ramblings, today...Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

16 comments:

  1. It's a great take on the colors. I too find that color challenges are difficult for me. I am always amazed at how some people can put the colors together. I have been watching your blog for quite a while, and love your clean style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lisa... I too share your feeling about color and inspiration challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I feel your pain...c&s is much more appealing to me than a color challenge, but now thinking I should revisit that.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for challenging yourself. You did a terrific job with your first. I love that circles set--I've been having so much fun with it, and I like your idea of putting the sentiment in the midst of all those circles. My new area of challenge is to try some sketch challenges, since I have mainly done colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, Terrific card, seems to me that you met the challenge head on. Well done! It turned out brilliantly. Thanks so much for your kind comments, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this style of card. The circles are fab and even more so with the glossy touches. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always astonishes me when you talk about being intimidated by challenges - your cards are absolutely amazing Lisa! I love your use of glossy accents on today's card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice!

    I fully understand the intimidation that can come from the challenges, particularly in certain areas. For me, the CAS and Sketch ones are always the most daunting. I haven't gone so far as to make a resolution about it, but I do continue to try and plug away at them every now and again to gain some confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a fantastic take on the challenge! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, I am really glad you decided to take the plunge and try some color challenges!

    Second, I think you did a FAB job! You took the same route I usually do when presented with a difficult color combo: use just little bits of the color, and lots of white.

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is SO lovely to have you with us in The Play Date Cafe and I'm so glad that you are enjoying the challenges! You did a FAB job and a great interpretation with our colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one of the best ideas i've seen for a while... love the dots! I may have to try that one out. :) Thanks for playin' along.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOOOOOOORAY for playing along with a color challenge! LOVE that card--so simple but with POW! LOVE the glossy circles:)
    THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I would have had no idea that you struggled with colour challenges. This is just fab! I sometimes find some of the colour stories a challenge, especially pastel ones, but they are also incredibly freeing where they open you up to more than you think you could do. Keep going with it, it will get easier! Sorry it's taken me so long to pop by, but thanks for playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe. Hope you play along again with us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous card...I love what you did with the circles. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this. Lisa, your blog is awesome and so is your work :) What a lovely visit I've just had :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa