Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Less Is More...One Layer... and Stripes

I don't know if you've ever had a day like I did yesterday, but time to create didn't exist, but even if it had, I didn't feel creative.  I spent last night going through a bunch of card making magazines and put little page sticky notes next to cards that caught my attention and I liked:)!!  This morning, when I DID have some time, I was armed with page upon page of inspiration ....so I made another card for Less is More's challenge to make a one layer card with stripes.  I also made a couple more, but will put them on a separate post:)!!  Here's my card:
I used an exacto knife and cut stripes on a scrap piece of paper I had folded in half(spacing them apart, so sponging would not be a problem). I placed the stripes, one at a time on the card, and sponged in different shades of brown, overlapping a bit...some distress, some Stampin Up inks.  Added a papertrey ink sentiment in Soft Suede.  Here's a pic of my templates:

Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

17 comments:

  1. Lisa, I love the look of this technique. It is so effective. I'm glad you had time to craft :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sophisticated look here - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg.... What a simple but stunning design Lisa and the colours are just fab! You're on a roll at the moment with these challenges :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great design, it looks fab! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea Lisa
    One to use again and again, I say specially after all that cutting of the template
    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yes! Brilliant! What a lovely result Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabulous stripes even have a three dimensional effect Lisa... what a gorgeous card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant echnique and the card is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super duper stripes. Love the geometric look. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so utterly creative and what a totally unique result! Into my cards to try file!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant idea and a very stylish card x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very 3D, makes a fab image on the one layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've done it again!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing Lisa loving the 3D effect!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Love the colors, the design, the effect of the slanted edges facing different directions. Cool.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa