Monday, February 6, 2012

Less is More...Aqua

Congratulations, Less is More...as you celebrate the first year of challenges!!  Less is More makes my heart happy....yes, IT ROCKS!!!
The challenge at Less is More this week  is a color challenge...to use Aqua.  Aqua...aqua...well, I knew it was blue...my birthstone is Aqua-marine...but with all the blue ink and paper I have, I couldn't decide which would be considered closest to Aqua.  So...I did what I always do when I don't know something...I google it!  On Wikipedia, it even showed a color strip of aqua...and the color it looked closest to , of my stash, was Stampin Up Pool Party.  The stamped color is much darker than the paper, but I made a card using a little of both:
Used stamps by Papertrey Ink(Stitches and Swirls and Birthday Basics)...stamped randomly then cut out a rectangle from my stamped paper, layered, added ribbon and popped up.  Gotta run...have to get to Sam's Club to get a tire repaired that's going flat!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

20 comments:

  1. I was also struggling with that one!
    beautiful card Lisa... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your designs are always beautiful Lisa and I love your delicate stamping here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So calm and pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my simply stunning, love the whole feel to this one....fabulous

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it... that stamp is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done. Love the image and the bow is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Lisa, love the open design and the perfect ribbon, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and elegant.I love

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make us very happy too Lisa
    Stunning card, love the ribbon
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous panel and stunning bow. Very chic. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous Lisa... Mandi's right, you make us happy too!
    Pool Party has been a very popular ink this week!
    Your stamping is impeccable!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent card Lisa, the perfect shade of aqua and a stunning bow too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so soft and serene! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think perhaps this is my favorite of your two cards...love how soft and serene this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. another absolutely beautiful card, lisa!! fantastic way to use that PTI set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful, I love that stamp set! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card Lisa, well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had to google aqua, too. :) My 10-year always teases me because I am constantly Googling something. How did we ever live without Google? I love your card and that bow is gorgeous! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is simply beautiful so I hope you don't mind but I've added it to my pinterest boards.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa