Monday, July 31, 2023

Fresh Cut Floral Stem

I have used the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp Fresh Cut Floral Stem die from their new 
Just a Note release, to make a missing you card!...
I wanted to make the color of this flower something "different"!  Missing you, to me is kind of a "blue feeling", so I went with three shades of blue for my flower.  I die cut the flower from white cardstock, and brushed the three shades on, with blending brushes.  I colored the leaves and stem with a marker.  I adhered all the pieces of the flower together, and then to the stem.  I adhered the flower to a panel with the sentiment stamped on it.  I popped up the panel on the card, and added some enamel dots for some bling (and the two colors went PERFECTLY with the colors of the flower).  Here's a close up...
Hoping that you are having a great start to this week, and the last day of July!  I am thankful for a bit of relief from the scorching heat that has hit Virginia the last week...today a "cool" 87º, and the next couple days, expected to be even a few degrees less...yay!!!  Try to stay cool, hydrated, and happy!  
Thanks so much, for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous card. Love the colors you chose and the enamel dots are a perfect accent. I look forward to your blog posts as your cards are always so lovely. Carrie C

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa