Tuesday, November 29, 2016

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

I made a fun Christmas card with the Simon Says Stamp die, Jingle Snowflakes, and a sentiment from the new Simon stamp set, Holiday Message Strips.  I thought this wonderful sentiment stamp needed some music, so I paired it with the die and some red and green patterned paper to sandwich the die cut music/snowflakes between...  
I layered the die cut 3 times.  I adhered the red and green papers together with some Eclipse tape before die cutting the musical staff onto the papers, this made it easier to die cut without having the papers move or shift and make the cut of the die "off".  I then flipped the papers over, and with the die cut staffs, I adhered pop up tape and squares on all parts of the flakes and papers to pop the whole panel off of the white card.  I stamped the sentiment with versamark, and white embossed.  Here's a close up...
This card reminds me of an Italian flag...well a sideways one...but thought the red, white and green were "Christmasy"...such fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Hello
    Stunning card... what a fabulous idea
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I have had this die for awhile now and so appreciate this post on how you used it. Hope you can come up with a couple more ideas for me!! Keep them coming. I LOVE this die. Now off to figure out how you did it per your instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that card is so cool Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - I love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Lisa! The staff floating freely makes the card, especially the left side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A+mazing detail! LOVE this card !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I had more time to comment in cyber world as you would get a ton more. Have always loved your work and been a joy to see you grow in your craft. Fabulous take with the score and snowflake to match the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa