Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Christmas Berries on Vellum

I thought I would try a Christmas card made with vellum!  I used two of the new Simon Says Stamp sets for my card, Winter Flowers and Christmas Essentials, stamped with versamark, gold embossed and colored with markers from behind, on a card long piece of vellum...
 Some thin gold twine would be nice, I used gold THREAD and braided three pieces to make the thread more hefty...I HAD to have the right gold to match the gold embossing, and despite the time and effort it took to make the twine(probably longer than it took to stamp and color the card), I think it is a pretty finishing touch and with a vellum card, kind of necessary.  Pictures don't do the gold embossing justice, but here's a closeup that shows it a bit better than the first pic...
 
Oh...edited to add...make sure you use an embossing powder bag(have one linked below)...absolutely necessary to swipe over your vellum before stamping and embossing to keep the powder from showing up where you don't want it!!  Such a fun, and easy card to make for Christmas!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

15 comments:

  1. beautiful card Lisa - this is getting pinned - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! So gorgeous on vellum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely, lovely card, Lisa. You keep amazing me with your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa! This is so gorgeous! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. The gold thread used turned out great. Little touches seem to make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vellum, Lisa - beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! It is perfect. Vellum is great to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! Love the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card. Pinned it so I remember to use this technique! Did you attach the vellum anywhere to white cardstock? If so, where and how? Does the vellum wrap around to the back of the card?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful! I love the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv these cards -- (the cardinals are so so so cute. Best of all, that's the nicest sympathy card I've ever seen hand made. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also adore this card. Simple (meant as a compliment) and stunning. I have the same question as j9 above: How (the heck) did you attach the vellum? Vellum really makes the difference, but there is always the problem how to attach it ...

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa