Monday, November 28, 2016

Four Die Cut Rainbow Birthday Cards

I have been on a roll with scraps!   I had 3 scraps of rainbow paper strips on my desk, and knowing I couldn't use them for a very sizeable sentiment, or very many, I tried to make the most and came up with FOUR simply done birthday cards...
 This one used two Papertrey Ink dies, the "birthday" layered 3 times underneath the color.  The HAPPYs are adhered to the card(and not perfectly I must admit...oh well...perfection is highly overrated...and this was my second attempt, and I became too tired to care...I think it STILL looks nice:)?!!).  That IS the only problem with Glossy Accents used on a die cut that you adhere directly to a card...you only get one shot at precise...once you lay it down, moving it leaves a trail of glue goo, so if you don't get it right, it's a trail of glue goo, a redo, or a boo boo...mine is a boo boo.  I'm laughing at myself:):)!!  Here's a close up...
 This is the second one I made with the same scrap as the first, again using the Papertrey Ink "birthday" die.  The "HAPPY" is a cut apart sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Tiny Tags stamp set.  Used a black background using the backside of the patterned paper that I used for the last card on this post:):)...using ANOTHER scrap!!...and the pattern of the background matches the pattern on the "birthday"...
 ...a close up...
 The third one uses a die from Reverse Confetti and the same "HAPPY" from the previous card...
 I used an impression plate from Papertrey Ink to add a little interest without having to add another element to the diagonal rainbow(the only way I could make the die fit the scrap...kinda like the diagonal lines!!)...
The last, but not least, is one very similiar to one I made a few months ago, except, this time with a black background(matching the pattern of the sentiment) and no stamped sentiment...


and a close up...
Oh, I am having sooooo much fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. what a fun set of birthday cards - love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, your cards are all wonderful. I think you're being far to hard on yourself regarding the first card. But, we always are our biggest critics, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun looking at all your fab cards! Thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh..... birthday/rainbow loveliness! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooo! I love them all. Hope I have some stuff that will work. They are all perfect to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice cards Lisa, it was fun AND inspiring just to look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable and great ideas for scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards… and from scraps too!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa