Saturday, April 4, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch 117...Embossing Pasted Birthday

I have been away from my blog for over a week...thanks for all your well wishes!  After I made my last post, I kind of relapsed a bit...FINALLY feeling normal again...whew...what a trying couple week bug!!!  I LOVE the CAS(E) this Sketch sketch this week, here's my card and the sketch...

I used three different colors of blue card stock, a 1 1/4" square punch, a cool Simon stencil(LOVE the design!), some white embossing paste, a favorite birthday sentiment stamp, also Simon, some versamark and white embossing powder.  I actually punched out the squares, adhered a tiny bit of tombow adhesive to the backs of the squares, and adhered them, all together...NO spaces in between them, onto a scrap piece of paper.  I placed the stencil over the 6 squares, taped it down, then covered with white embossing paste.  Here's a close up...
LOVE the raised look, the texture and how, despite the change of color, the pattern fits each connecting square.   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

****EDITED****
Thank you so much, ladies at CAS(E) this Sketch for voting my card a FAVORITE this week:)!!
You made my week...still smiling...congrats, too to Marika with your beautiful butterfly card, as well as all the other winners:)!!  

18 comments:

  1. Wowza ... that is an awesome design ... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love it!!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just so so amazing Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you, glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card. It's amazing. Just having trouble understanding where the Versamark comes into play. Can you help me - I'm easily confused!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana...It's not you, I wasn't clear about the versamark...the versamark was used for the sentiment, then white embossed:)...thanks for helping clear that up for me:)!! Hugs!! Lisa

      Delete
    2. Lisa - you are too sweet. I really LOVE this card. Can't wait to try out your idea. Thanks!!

      Delete
  6. So beautiful, Lisa! I love stencils and this is one of the best examples how to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is TREMENDOUS! I love that stenciled look and the beautiful colors. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool Lisa! I love you interpreted the sketch...the embossing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this card, the texture is great. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning, well done, and it will have people wondering as how you did it , love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is so cool! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card! Great color with the kraft and wonderful use of the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous take on the sketch--love your little tiles!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa