Sunday, December 1, 2013

Silver Snowflakes

It's December 1st today...24 DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS....OH MY!!!   How the months and days have flown by, hope all who celebrated had a wonderful Thanksgiving...now it's hurriedly on to Christmas!!  I have to give credit for today's post to the wonderfully creative and gifted Bridget Finlay...I saw THIS card on Splitcoaststampers last week while looking at their clean and simple challenge, LOVED IT, and HAD to Case it!!  I thought, "I would love to try this with one of my wonderful snowflake dies, but in silver...and I've always loved silver with teal...so here's what I made...
 I die cut the  Simon Says Stamp snowflake and then pressed it into a versamark pad, then covered with silver embossing powder and heat embossed.  I repeated that twice more for a thick, smooth look and finish.  The heart that is in the center is a metal stick on heart that has ALSO been embossed with silver powder twice, as I wanted the finish and look to match the snowflake.  I attached heart with a glue dot and the snowflake to the card with a single adhesive dot, so it would be easy to take off, the silver string  (from Stampin Up) goes over the top and is attached to the back...could use as an ornament or on a window:)  The sentiment is another wonderful sentiment from the small set from Simon Says Stamp, Holiday Hellos.  Here's a close up of the silver embossed sentiment.
 THEN...on my photo app, it has an effects section, and one of the effects showed the teal card in red...it was called Alien Skin effect, go figure....but I LOVED IT IN RED...so I made another...
I had SUCH FUN making these...I actually made 2 of each...fun and so simple...and I THINK...so pretty:)!! Thank you so much, Bridget for sharing your beautiful creativity with me and others:)!! Hope you have a sweet Sunday and a wonderful week:)!!  HUGS!!  Lisa

14 comments:

  1. The silver embossing looks fantastic Lisa, this would make a lovely ornament, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The detail on the snowflakes is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Lisa, and I love that tiny heart you added to the center!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That snowflake is gorgeous!! Just LOVE the rich teal colour too. Beautiful times two :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH BOY! I love this snowflake...how gorgeous and yet so simple! Pin-worthy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that snowflake looks brilliant, another die I just have to have. Totally eyecatching die and card. Love both card colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those snowflakes are beautiful, Lisa. And the fact they can come off for decorations makes them special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! A beautiful CASE of Bridget's card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love how you made this elegant snowflake the focus of the card... Silver embossing is just the perfect touch! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ik vindt de kaart heel erg mooi zo, ergens eenvoudig en toch chiq! Ik hoop ooit deze ook eens te kunnen maken als mijn schouders beiden beter zijn! Vriendelijke groet, Herma Scholten

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this snowflake silver metal?
    Are you still selling these? If so, how much are you selling them for please?
    I'm wanting to use this to hang small crystals in my car from the Snowflake itself.
    I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa