Friday, December 6, 2013

Red Snowflake on Polka Dots

I don't know what it is about snowflakes, of late....must be I'm homesick for Buffalo ( the last time I went during winter was for Christmas 13 years ago with my children...had over 7 FEET OF SNOW that fell in a couple days during our visit there!!)!  The weather has been so warm here in Virginia... maybe just "making" winter  with my cards when it just doesn't feel so wintery!!
The process of making cards sometimes eludes me.  I started with a stamped panel of snowflakes by W Plus 9...then found some different black/white pattened papers in my closet, and put that panel aside and decided to try a  snowflake on the big polka dotted paper...my card making went in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT DIRECTION!!  I  used Zing embossing powder that I had purchased a while ago, and was ready to get rid of.  I am a Super Fine embossing powder girl...totally!!  When I bought this powder, I realized that it is NOT Fine...so didn't work well for me...until today.  This powder is PERFECT for embossing die cut images, like my large snowflake...and works on sentiments whose fonts aren't too thin...
I used versamark and embossed the snowflake 3 times with the red powder, also embossed the sentiment 3 times, as well(just throw powder on it immediately after heating...powder will stick to it...only versa mark once for the sentiment, but 3 times for snowflake).  Make sure to use a static bag with the sentiment so you don't get red embossing powder all over.  The other thing I did was cut the polka dotted panel out making sure I centered the white circle in the center on the bottom for the "O" of the sentiment to fit,  and not only have the "JOY" be centered but be at the right height on the panel...took a couple tries for me, some things I just got to conquer and get right:):)!!   Used a Lil' Inker Design stitched rectangle die.

Now I'm going to get out with Noah and enjoy the nearly 80º weather we are having today!!  Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. This is a real stunner! Love the big polka dots, and the gorgeous red snowflake. Perfectly centered sentiment too! Wonderful card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart, Lisa! This is freakin' amazing!! Love the unexpected red snowflake against those brilliant polka dots - mind officially blown!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, my jaw hit the ground! This card is amazing! The care you put into getting the polka dot panel just perfect has paid off! The embossed snowflake is spectacular! If I made this card, I don't think I could give it away, I would just want to look at it all day long! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely Joyful. It's so great that the polka dots were big enough to put the sentiment O in the center. And that bright red snowflake. Good thing you kept that embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card really is FABULOUS! Love the Red!

    ReplyDelete
  6. L.O.V.E love your card, Lisa!! As you may or may not know I LOVE snowflakes. Not only that, I also love polka dots and "JOY" is my favorite Christmas word!! This card was made for me!! Need my address wink, wink LOL!

    Fabulously done!!! Drool, drool, drool :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa