Thursday, December 12, 2013

CAS•ology Week 74...SNOWFLAKE

This week's challenge at CAS•ology had me reaching, yet again, for my favorite snowflake die, the Simon Says Stamp Eliza snowflake:) as the cue card is SNOWFLAKE...
I layered some patterned papers and die cut a wooden snowflake...
The patterned papers are from Chic Tags...they came in the Simon Says Stamp Elegant Holiday Card Kit..one is a reverse side of the other.  I think they are so pretty!!  I die cut the wood veneer snowflake and layered on 2 more die cut kraft paper snowflakes.  It was SO HARD to find a sentiment to fit that tiny space, but found a sentiment from Papertrey Ink that I THINK, fit perfectly.  The bow was white ribbon colored with a Spectrum Noir marker to match the paper.  I also LOVE the thought of this pretty snowflake as an ornament, so the twine wraps around the white panel and is lightly attached with a piece of tape, so it's easy to remove and hang on a tree...good way to get another use from a Christmas card:):)!!  Here's a close up of the wood and the Simon Says Stamp woodgrain paper...love the bright white and texture of this paper(photographed with a shadow)!!...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. You are taunting me with that snowflake again, Lisa LOL! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely snowflake and the fact that it can become an ornament is great. I forgot I had that paper. I'd better go find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the natural feel of this card - great colours and rustic charm! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS, love the colours with the kraft, Just stunning. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowflake die cut in kraft is gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! That snowflake just looks so rustic. Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite cards of the season! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa