Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Love You Mom

I used a new Simon Says Stamp sentiment die and a stencil, along with another older Simon die and stencil, to make a Mother's Day card...
Okay, this card came with a bunch of "I wonder, what if, let's try??" moments.  I wondered if the Simon Heart Stencils were the same sizes as the Simon Heart dies?  I'm not sure about the rest of them, but the one die and stencil size I wanted to work with WERE!  What did this mean, you ask?  What if I  embossed the heart shape with the die onto the cardstock and then stencil WITHIN that embossed heart for a little more interest and definition than simply stenciling.  THEN, I put the new Fanfare stencil up to the heart and... oh... my... goodness...the fans FIT the curves of the heart...well...I loved this idea, too!!  Only thing...this simple design takes getting everything precisely right.  This whole heart thing involves lots of PRECISION...but so cool when it all comes together!! 
Let's try!
SO...I embossed the heart with the die, taped the heart stencil to the cardstock panel precisely, and blended two pinks and a red ink across the heart.  Then, I adhered the Fanfare stencil over the heart stencil, again, precisely(lining up where the top curves come together, the top curves, and the bottom point of the heart).  This wasn't hard, just learn from my little hiccups, take your time and align...hey that kind of rhymes!   I stenciled the same three colors, and then added the layered sentiment die cut Mom, and the popped up sentiment strip.  I added polka dotted paper to the top and bottom and some tonic drops and done.  Here's a close up...
Oh my goodness...so...much...fun!!  Such fun putting things together like this!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa