Sunday, April 24, 2022

Layered Alphas

I used the very cool new Simon Says Stamp Layered Alphas stencil set, from their Happy and Joyful release,  to make a couple fun cards...
The Layered Alphas stencil set contains three stencils that, when all used, form the letters of the alphabet!  This is such a fun set of stencils...there are so many ways you can stencil these letters!  How I chose to stencil, was to blend the whole of each stencil with a different color, thus stenciling the entire alphabet!  I then cut out the letters to form "thanks".  I popped them up on the card panel and added a sentiment from the wonderful Simon sentiment stamp set, Simply Thank You, to complete the card!  Here's a close up...

This second one, I chose to use more of the letters I had originally stenciled, and the new A2 Marquee dies...
I thought that using up as many of the letters of the alphabet I had stenciled, by making another card, would be cool, so I made the word "LOVE"!  I cut out and popped up the letters like the first card, adding a layered white heart in the center of the "o", all onto the smallest new A2 Marquee die cut.  I blended ink on a second die cut marquee, then adhered  the first, with the sentiment and all the white dots taken out, over the blended piece.  I then, blended ink over a larger marquee's dots...all around the rectangle.  But, rather than cover the larger blended ink dots with another white panel, I just left them and adhered the smaller white with colored dots panel over the larger colored dots.  I just liked how it looked, I loved the color!! I popped the whole thing up on the card, and added a sentiment strip to complete it.
Here's a close up... 
Oh, I had so much fun with these two cards!!  I hope you are having a good weekend...a sunny and very warm Sunday, here in Virginia...the perfect day to stay in and make cards!  Take care!!
Thanks for stopping by today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa