Friday, April 22, 2022

Happy Earth Day!

It's Earth Day today, Happy Earth Day!  Earth Day began in 1970, and is a day for becoming, or continuing to be a warrior for our earth!  I have made a card with the new Simon Says Stamp Mother Earth stamp set, from Simon Says Stamp and their new Happy and Joyful release...
I love this round image, especially what it represents!! I made this card with a couple in my neighborhood in mind.  They clean up trash and litter daily by my house...which melts my heart as I am an avid trash collector.  I collect trash in my neighborhood and beyond, every day I walk...usually between 3 to 10 bags each time...sometimes less, sadly, most times that much or more.  This was an especially heavy day...
The picture above is a photo of one of my many clean ups, taken in an effort to show my city officials of my need for an extra city trash can, which I was kindly given, with the help of my daughters' input to my city, last Mother's Day!  SO, needless to say, trash collecting is very important to me!  And I sooooo appreciate anyone who cares enough to help keep the community, and our earth clean, like my neighbors!  This Simon image has the whole Earth in it..the Sun, the stars, wind, rain, rainbow, water and beach, land, and leaves!  I had so much fun...felt like a little kid, deciding what colors I would color each part.  I clear embossed the entire image, and used my glitter pen and then some tonic drops on the stars... 
The sentiment is from the beautiful new Simon stamp set, Beautiful Magnolia, and I thought the sentiment as well as the script/font, was perfect for this card.  Please find a way to help your community and our planet…collect litter, reuse and recycle, plant a tree…it feels great to know you’re doing something to help our world!   Hope all is well in your part of the world...thanks so much for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful service you do for your community. Littering has become such a horrible problem where I live. It baffles my mind and breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa