Saturday, June 20, 2020

With Sympathy

I used the new CZ Design With Sympathy die from the new Simon Says Stamp Crafty Hugs release to make a couple simply designed sympathy cards...
 Sometimes sympathy cards are needed with little to no notice.  I'm not sure about you, but sympathy cards, having time or not,  are the hardest kind of cards to make, especially when you have to have one. With this new sympathy die, making a card can be pretty simple.  The die is of significant size, so not much is needed for this pretty stand alone sentiment.  I paired it with the new Center Cut Hexagon Floral background stamp, for my first card.  I stamped the hexagons with Simon Barely Beige ink on a cream colored card, and embossed with a matte clear embossing powder.  I die cut and layered the sentiment and used Morning Dew Tonic drops over the sentiment. Here's a close up... 
 For the second one, I paired the sentiment with the pretty new Simon Says Stamp Peony Bouquet cling stamp...
 I stamped the peonies with Simon Smoke ink on light cream cardstock.  For both cards, I used my MISTI to make sure the stamping was consistent over the entire image.  Often with one stamping a large stamp like these on cardstock, the ink will not be totally consistent over the whole image....the MISTI is a wonderful solution to avoid this happening.  I die cut and layered the sympathy sentiment, and gave it a vellum backing to give it a little muting from the flowers in the background.  I dotted the flowers with a few tonic drops for a little "something"  Here's a close up...
Sympathy cards made easy for a not so easy occasion.  Hope you are doing well, stay safe!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Yes sympathy can be hard to convey but your cards would be well received Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect sympathy cards...love the colors. And you are so right...so very hard to make a sympathy card when you HAVE to. I try to keep several on hand just for this reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true. Love your style of cards. Thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa