Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Comfort and Prayers

I used the Simon Says Stamp Comfort and Prayers stamp set to make two sympathy cards...
This first one was inspired by a card I made EIGHT YEARS ago!  My sister found the card while cleaning my mom's house(I gave my mom a lot of my cards back in the day), and my sister decided to use it!  I was freaking out a bit as it was EIGHT YEARS OLD!  I STILL liked it!!  SOME cards ARE timeless. She also sent me a picture and...I found it on my blog and you can see it HERE...Iwas INSPIRED!!
 I put all the five sentiment stamps I used onto one acrylic block.  I stamped the sentiments onto vellum with versamark and gold embossed.  I wrapped the vellum over three butterflies stamped onto the card panel with dark gray ink.  I scored three lines on each side of the butterflies and sentiments.  Here's a close up...
 The second one just like the first with the sentiments, this time embossed with white powder...
 I also added the tiny butterfly to the top and bottom of the sentiments.  I adhered the vellum panel over some rainbow patterned paper.  I added a piece of black cardstock under the stamped and raised panel for definition.  Here's a close up...
Simply done sympathy...when we need these kind of cards...simply done is sometimes just the right thing!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these lovely cards, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white on white is striking and just perfect for a sympathy card. Love the vellum overlay... Having been on the receiving end of sympathy cards a little while ago, "May your heart be filled with comfort" is a strange sentiment for a sympathy card. You are grieving, your heart is broken..there is no comfort at this point. Just my humble opinion. Less is more on sympathy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these beautiful cards! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa