Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Butterfly Birthday

I used some butterfly stamps and letter dies from Simon Says Stamp's latest release, Blossoms and Butterflies, and made a birthday card...
 I used the Outline Butterflies background stamp and stamped in a dark gray.  I then used strips in the color of a  rainbow, and adhered them to some paper.  I then stamped the pretty butterfly from the Comfort and Prayers stamp set on vellum with versamark and white embossed.  I adhered the piece of vellum over the strips of cardstock and hand cut around the butterfly.  I loved doing it this way, as it would have been hard to stamp and white emboss the strips with all the possibilities of white powder getting in places it shouldn't have, then the added softness that the vellum gives being over the colored paper...I really liked it.  I liked it so much, that I die cut the Archie Junior Solid letter dies for "happy" from the same colored cardstock as the butterfly, and die cut the letters again with the vellum and attached the vellum to the die cut colored letters for the same soft affect.  Here's a close up...
Oh, I had fun with this one!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa