Thursday, November 30, 2023

Walter the Penguin

I have made a clean and simple Christmas card with the adorable Tim Holtz Walter the Penguin die set! 
Just a note:  I edited my card early the next morning.  Did you ever have a card that you "like", but the more you think about it, maybe even a day later, you just think you should have done it just a little differently??  Well, even if you haven't, that is what happened with me and this card.  I just started feeling that all the white was just a bit too much, and needed to be broken up with some color...just a tiny bit of color.  And honestly, snow, unless a white out, doesn't look ALL white, so I felt a tiny bit of color in the background was what was needed.  I think it looks perfect, now....happiness!! Amazing what just a tiny bit of color can do!   To do it, I used Simon Fog gray ink and a brayer on the flat side of the embossing folder, and ran it through my Bigshot with a piece of cardstock in it.  I kept up the first card, so you could see the slight difference... 
I made my Walter with a Christmas hat and scarf, but the die set comes with a bow tie and glasses, too, so you can make your Walter have all different looks!!  I die cut and adhered all the pieces, the added the Simon Says Stamp sentiment, along with one of their embossing folders for snow!  I tore a piece of cardstock to make a snow mound and have  a place for the penguin to stand on.  Here's a close up of both...

There is an offer going on right now, over at Simon Says Stamp, for this adorable penguin die set...
It's for a limited time only...just saying😊!  Countdown to Christmas...tomorrow is December 1st!!  Keep breathing....just keep breathing....deep!  Hang in!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa. The card with the bit of gray is much more pleasing to the eye for sure. Love it! Thanks for the inspiration. Kirsten

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa