Friday, November 3, 2023

All the Joy Blog Hop-2!

I am so excited to be joining a dozen talented artists today, celebrating Simon Says Stamp's latest release, All the Joy, at the Simon Blog!  I have used one of the "tweet" new sets, Season's Tweetings, along with a new snow embossing folder and sprig die, to make a couple Christmas cards to share with you for this special day!...
I thought the birds in this stamp set were so cute, but the one above, I found absolutely adorable! Up front, I'm not much of a colorer, but I gave it a go, and no matter, this bird is STILL adorable!!   I colored him in a sparrow kind of coloring, and colored his hat and scarf in red!  I was going to make his hat red and green, but loved the simplicity of red and white!  I layered him and then adhered him between two of the Spruce Sprig die cuts.  I colored the cardstock the sprigs were cut from, with two of the three new shades of green ink, then die cut the sprigs...love how the color turned out...looks like a pine tree!  For the background, I used my brayer, and brayered Simon Fog ink all over the inside flat side of the Soft Snowfall embossing folder.  I tried other grays, but the Fog was the lightest, and that was the look I was going for!  I adhered the sprigs, gluing just the stems(to give the ends some dimension) to the snow, added the bird and the layered sentiment that I had embossed in black(I STILL love the shine of black embossing powder, multitudes of cards later!).  Here's a close up...
The second one, I simply used two of the greenery stems from the set, along with another wonderful sentiment, also from the set!...
These stems looked like mistletoe to me, so I  dotted the berries with white enamel accents, rather than make then red.  I colored the leaves in a kind of softer green, and layered, then arranged them in a kind of flowing way, on light gray cardstock.  When it came to the layout, I decided on popping up the top and bottom panels of the card on either side of the stems.  To use a sentiment from the set, and I think the sentiments have a beautiful font, I chose to partially die cut the sentiment, to have the lower reaching letters go INTO the sprigs' area, not to sit way up on the panel, to be sort of IN with the berries!  So...I cut the panels, leaving some extra room on the top panel, then just ever so slightly partially die cut the sentiment die on the panel.  THEN I stamped the sentiment to fit the curves of the bottom of the die cut panel, stamping with versamark and black embossing...LOVE the shine!  I then fit the berries around all the curves of the sentiment.  I know this card lacks Christmas  pizzazz of color, but I have to tell you...this card makes me happy!  I love it's simplicity and it's flow...true happiness!  Here's a close up...
Okay...I had SO much fun!!  My fun was above, your fun is below!!
Simon is generously giving a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from our comment sections, so the more hop blogs you comment on, the more chances you will have to win!  Winners will be chosen and posted on the Simon Blog on Wednesday, November 8th, so make sure you check the Simon Blog on the 8th, to see if you are a winner!!  If you are a winner, you can email Simon to claim your prize!
The list of participants in today's hop are listed below...
Two things before I end my post...There was another hop, yesterday, so I hope you will check it out at the Simon Blog HERE!  There is a whole bunch more inspiration and more chances for you to comment and possibly win one of the $25 coupons!  
The second thing, please don't forget about the offer in the banner at the top of my post!  The offer is for a free Simon exclusive Holy Stars Stencil!  There are directions on how to do that in the banner above...follow the three easy steps and the stencil is yours for FREE, until the end of the day on November 5th or until supplies last!!
Thank you so much for stopping by, and please keep on hopping! 
Hugs!  Lisa

108 comments:

  1. I love that bird SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bird card, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha im not much of a bird stamp lover too but that bird is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are pretty-I'm not a bird person either, but you've done a wonderful job of creating a peaceful winter card. I love your second card-great idea with the partial die cutting of the sentiment. I thought your "mistletoe" was on vellum, but even easier to do on grey cardstock! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet cards, I really enjoy the clean and simple card using the mistletoe sprig!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see why you love the little bird!!! I love the simple mistletoe card ,so pretty , both cards are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a simple but beautiful style to your work!
    Absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bird is just too cute! Love it
    bast830@gmail.com
    Kim M Jacobs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ju#t love you plain and simple card with the holly. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Merry Christmas card is quite striking in its simplicity.

    Merrill P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your first card is just adorable and the second clean and simple but very elegant. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Lisa - The birds stamps/dies set was the first thing into my cart. I just love your card!! So cute and I think you did a great job w/ the coloring. I also ADORE that mistletoe card. I think those branches / leaves look like mistletoe, too. I may have to copy your work a little, OK?
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like both cards, but the Merry Christmas with the greenery is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is simply precious! Love the clean simplicity of it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable cards! I especially like the one with the bird. Wonderful. Thank you and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. I like black embossing powder too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for this inspiration! I love how you do things just a little differently. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, your card is adorable! You can officially call yourself a 'colorist' now - great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Always love a fun bird card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards! The bird is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this one

    ReplyDelete
  22. THE "PLAIN" ONE IS MY FAVE

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love both cards. You have such a clean style to the cards which make them so beautiful. And you’re right those birds couldn’t be more perfect.
    Carol Perry
    Clperry60@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cutest bird ever. Great looking card. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are just lovely! The bird is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That sweet little bird can visit my mailbox any time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such sweet cards! Your bird is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That birdie is so stinking cute! I agree - the dies DO look like mistletoe!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute and sweet bird; love both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the cute and simple cards. Thank you so much for your inspiration 💕

    ReplyDelete
  31. We love birds. They are at our feeder every day. Send yours to my house. Love the mistletoe card too. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your cards are beautiful. That little bird is so sweet! I love that snowy embossing folder! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. SANDY ANDERSONNovember 03, 2023

    Great cards! Love that sweet bird!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both cards are lovely. I just adore your little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely cards. Especially love the sweet bird card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. So cute - that bird is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your mistle card is breathtaking beautiful. I love the white berry dots.

    ReplyDelete
  39. That little bird is adorable. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Denise BryantNovember 03, 2023

    Pretty background for this sweet bird, and I love the winter greenery! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the clean simplistic look of your cards! They’re beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! I forgot to include my name in my post. 😊

      Delete
  42. Such pretty cards! I love that cute little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just lovely, the birds are so adorable! Debbie Frank

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful card. The bird is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  45. The bird card just put me over the top to place yet another order. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing right now since I've spent my craft budget this month. It's sooooo cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I absolutely love your sweet, simple cards! Especially the "mistletoe" one!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Super sweet set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  48. The birdie is so cute and I love the simple elegance of the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Lovely cards, that bird is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love your cards. You coloring is on point.. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. love how you used the spruce sprigs!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Both cards are so pretty and wintery. I get a bit stuck on ways to lay branches and vines - and these two designs are so helpful. melnstuff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love this sweet bird! And so clean and simple! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love these cards, especially the first one -- so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a tweet little birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Very pretty cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Such beautiful cards! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  58. what a cute bird <3 thanks for sharing your creativity and take care

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the cute little bird. You colored him well for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Such a sweet card. Love the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Seasons Tweetings...Lol. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Gorgeous cards! The bird is so adorable ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  63. Those are just great. Love these hops. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  64. So cute, the little bird is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Both of your cards are so elegant and professional looking. I think your coloring is beautiful and I love the white berries. There is something about both of them that appeals to me. Maybe the calm side of Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  66. love both of your cards especailly the cute bird

    ReplyDelete
  67. The little bird card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Marisela Delgado said: So pretty. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. That bird is too cute! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  70. This card brings me warm fuzzies and joy! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Fabulous cards! The bird is so cute and the soft grey color adds so much to the snowy background.

    ReplyDelete
  72. That little bird is just the essence of Christmas joy! So beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  73. Love both cards. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Beautiful cards! I love the design of the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Lauryne CunninghamNovember 05, 2023

    Your cards are so pretty! I love the CAS look of the second design! And, the bird is super cute- love the background texture on that card!

    ReplyDelete
  76. This is the tweetest, Lisa! Love the sweet bird with his red scarf and I don't see a thing wrong with your coloring! Love the mistletoe card too! Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Such a cute card! Love your colored image. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Really Beautiful cards!!!! I LOVE the mistletoe card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Such a sweet little bird nestled in the greenery. Such great coloring. I do love the softness of your mistletoe greenery as well.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Your cards are so sweet! I love the Snowfall background!

    ReplyDelete
  81. 2 gorgeous holiday cards. LOVE the sweet sparrow and your second card is CAS elegance. Gorgeous both xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  82. I love your simple, clean cards! You did great with the coloring of the bird. I always forget I can partially die cut a sentiment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Love both cards but the mistletoe one is my fav! Those white enamel dots just perfect little addition.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Juat gorgeous cards! I love that sweet little bird and the beautiful mistletoe!! So special! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  85. That bird is super adorable! I love the simple look of the second card, it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Hi Lisa,
    Two beautiful clean & simple cards. The coloring is fine. There are shadows and highlights. It is a cute bird. Great job.
    Erica K.

    ReplyDelete
  87. The bird is adorable. Love the cas card too. Hugz ionabunny

    ReplyDelete
  88. That bird is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Tricia SuttonNovember 07, 2023

    I need a thesaurus as I see adorable has been used but it really is and the bird is so sweet, there is no other way to say it, ur card is stupendous!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Wonderful cards. Love the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Great cards! The bird is so cute! Love the clean and simple cards!

    ReplyDelete
  92. I love your CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Alice MooberryDecember 08, 2023

    Such a cute card! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  94. Such cute cards! I especially like the Soft Snowfall embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Beautiful design. I love it's clean and simple look, but high end design!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa