Sunday, September 3, 2023

Happy Birthday, Heidi!

It is Simon Says Stamp's founder, Heidi Crowl's, birthday today! Happy Birthday, Heidi!!  Heidi is one of  kindest and most encouraging women I know, and I am SO honored to be a part of the Simon Family!  I have made a card for her special day with the Billow Butterfly dies from Simon's new STAMPtember® release!...
This set of butterfly dies is so pretty, and so cool, as there are a number of ways you can design butterflies!  For this card, I used the dies that gave you top and bottom pieces!  I used two different colors of ink for each butterfly. I used a solid white piece under each of the colored pieces, then layered a couple outlines on each of the colored pieces.  The antenna are layered twice, as well.  I know, seems like a lot of cutting and pasting... mind you, I had no idea where I was going with this card when I started putting butterflies together...the numbers and colors kinda "grew" as time went by.  Then, when I had 6 butterflies, I made one more, as they fell into a circle, and 7 was the perfect number for a complete circle. To put the butterflies together,  I used a small line of glue inbetween the top and bottom pieces, as well as three drops to put the body/antenna on, then let them dry,  I bent their wings just a tiny bit, to give them some life, then adhered to the card, having stamped a sentiment on the bottom with versamark and black embossed!  Here's a close up...
The second one was actually the first one I made with these butterflies...
For this card, I used the one piece butterflies, and one of the new sentiment dies from the STAMPtember® release!  I also wanted a design on my butterflies, so I chose an older Simon background stamp with a design that would be the same on both sides, like a butterfly...Center Cut Heart Background stamp!  I stamped the background, then cut out pieces that I thought would look cool, then colored them. I went with two cuts from the bottom of the cut out heart (I didn't know what I was doing, but made a circle...with lots of scratches, around the section I used)...
I layered the sentiment die cut, amd adhered the sentiment after stamping the "for you" from a "wishes for you" sentiment, from the Elegantly Modern Greetings stamp set.  Here's a close up...
Love these butterflies...they are so pretty and so much fun to create with..had so much fun making these cards!  I truly hope your day is full of happy, Heidi! Thank you for your kindness and incredible support of me and of my work!  Much love and hugs!!   
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. These cards are so beautiful. I am celebrating because for some reason I have finally started receiving your e-mails again. Your cards bless me!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa