Saturday, September 30, 2023

Artsy Pumpkins

I have made three pumpkin filled cards with the pretty and fun Simon Says Stamp Artsy Pumpkins stamp/die set, from the STAMPtember® release!...
All three are clean and simple in their design...love simplicity!!...
Wanting to make these pumpkins colors other than the typical orange, I experimented with ink colors to make them a bit different!  For the yellow one, I combined Simon's Citrine (yellow) ink, with Latte(light brown) ink.  For the orange pumpkin, I used Mandarin (orange) and Cozy (brown).  The brown pumpkin is  simply Woodsy.  I will give you a stamping tip for the leaf and stem at the tops of each pumpkin...wait to stamp both tops until AFTER die cutting, as the stems and leaves' directions are better stamped when you can see the shape of them in the die cut.  After having stamped the leaves and stems before die cutting, and having them "off", I only stamped them AFTER die cutting!  Here's a close up of the card...
The second card, I did much like the first, with more pumpkins, another sentiment from the set, with a slightly different layout...
Here's a close up...
The third card, I used a new sentiment die with the pumpkins...
I die cut and layered the sentiment, and adhered it at the top of the card.  Here's a close up...
Experiment with color...it is so much fun to get colors that are outside the ink pads we have!!  Fall weather is here in Virginia....hope you're enjoying yours wherever you might be!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa