Sunday, March 19, 2023

Folksy Heart Stencil

I've used a pretty new stencil set from Simon Says Stamp's newest Just for You release, to make a birthday card...
I was "going for" a Pennsylvania Dutch kind of feel with this Folksy Heart stencil set, so I chose a red, blue, yellow and green inks, to brush color onto the stencils.  I used the smallest of the Simon blending brushes, making it easy to use different colors within each stencil.  The only time I had to mask, was when I brushed on ink to the tulip.  I am stubborn, but my tulip had to be red, and if I had gone with the stencil, it probably would have been green, or the leaves under the tulip would have been red...so I masked around the tulip and made it red!  I had so much fun, and am happy with the way it turned out.  I would have loved to have a border around the design, within the heart, but free handing a border was not in my confidence level, and didn't want to destoy all the stenciling with a hand drawn mistake!  I die cut the design with the heart die from the Happy Hello die set, and then layered.  I adhered it to a piece of patterned Sunny Studio paper, with a die cut, layered CZ Design sentiment.  Here's a close up...
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend...whatever you find to do, wherever you are!  I hope, too, that you've had a chance to check out the blog hops over at the Simon Blog that showcase the wonderful new products of this release!  Thanks for taking the time to stop by!!  Hugs to you!!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa