Thursday, July 28, 2022

Construction Truck Birthday

I made a card for my grandson's birthday with the amazing Pretty Pink Posh Construction Trucks stamps and dies set...
I was SO excited when I saw this set!!!  My grandbaby, who just turned three, LOVES trash trucks and construction trucks, so I was beyond thrilled that I would be able to make a card with things he loves on it!!  I'm not sure, but in all the years I have been creating cards, I cannot remember a set stamp/die set with trucks like this!  Thank you, Pretty Pink Posh...these are ADORABLE!!  I will admit, my card was made with lots of foibles.  My "happy birthday" is crooked, and despite my best of intentions in making the trucks sliders, they are, I think due to their size, a bit wobbly, and the curve on the bottom truck was not thought out well, as it runs down off the card.  Despite it all, I loved the idea, and for the most part, it turned out to be a card not only was I pretty happy with, but more importantly, one my grandbaby loved!   I DID learn ALOT, though!  I have only made a couple of slider cards, so I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, despite all  the missteps!  
First I die cut all the sliders.  I then masked the card panel to blend the brown and blue inks on the cardstock, and blended a second panel with the brown, to have behind the sliders.  I stamped, embossed, die cut, colored then layered the trucks.  I used THIS video to help me remember how to make sliders.  
Here are a couple close ups...


And here's a video I made to show you how the cute trucks can move(please don't mind the foibles)...
I hope this card gave you some ideas of how you might want to use this adorable set...I am so in love!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card, Lisa. I'm sure your Grandson loved it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa