Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Chinese Lantern Stem

I used the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp Chinese Lantern Stem die from their new Good Luck Charm release, to make a mini slimline card...
I researched Chinese Lanterns to find that they are orange.  I decided to color the stems and leaves green and the borders of the flowers orange.  I layered the flowers and inserted orange die cut pieces that had been cut from textured cardstock.  I used a sentiment from the CZ Design Well Wishes stamp set, stamping it at the base of the stem.  I popped up the flowers on the card base, and added some Tonic Jewel drops.  Here's a close up...
I then paired my card with one of the Simon envelopes made especially for mini slimline cards...and it's orange, just like the lanterns...
This card makes me happy...hoping that whoever I send it to will feel the same! 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Such sweet flowers! I love that they're orange, and so fresh and bright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creations are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Did you use markers to color the stem green and outline orange? What markers? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use markers to color both the stem and outlines...I used my prismacolor markers...hope this helps!

      Delete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa