Friday, December 7, 2012

A Papercrafts Magazine Christmas Card

OK...a moment of transparency.  I think I am a bit quirky...odd...unusual...peculiar... when it comes to this passion of mine...cardmaking.  I LOVE a challenge and a competition...but accolades ...not so much...that's just me:)!!  I have been truly honored by winning various challenges and given wonderful opportunities making cards, but it's the challenges, the winning some times, and opportunities that are truly the fun for me... the acknowledgement of them is tough for me...does that make sense??...maybe a little weird??!!  Well, earlier in the year, I decided to enter one of my greatest challenges...a contest of sorts to me...with the urging of a sweet magazine editor at Papercrafts Magazine:)!!...to submit my cards for publication!!  The card below was one of my very first cards published!!  It is in the Papercrafts Magazine Holiday Cards &More Volume 7  ...pg. 35... and I am able to share it with you...I am thrilled and so honored!!!...sharing my fun of being published with you...
 Made with a stamp from Hero Arts(Tree with Stars) and sentiment from Stampabilities.  Stamped image and sentiment with Versamark and gold embossed.  Used Papertrey Ink Canvas/Linen impression plate for texture.  Colored with real red and old olive markers added ribbon and popped up on red card.  Here's a close up of the gold...
Simple Christmas card...I remain simply honored.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

15 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful Lisa. It is beautiful and inspiring. Congratulations and a hug to you gf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Thrilled they selected it and so glad you submitted :) Your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, this card is simply gorgeous. It is no wonder they selected it for publication. You are super talented and I am so happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa you are the reason I love CAS so much!
    Well done and congrats on being published, no one deserve it more than you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can certainly understand why your card has been published. Your cards are always fabulous and this one is simply stunning. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word. This is beautiful, Lisa. I haven't seen this stamp before. It's just gorgeous embossed in gold with the touches of red and green. Congrats on your publication! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh holy smoke Lisa, your card is magnificent. I wouldn't buy that stamp in a million years - I just don't have 'the eye' you were blest with or the artistic skill.
    Big congrats on being published, your work is amazing. Thank you for sharing your creations with us.

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Lisa! What a beautiful card! It so deserves to be published. You have a wonderful sense of style and beauty and I really enjoy visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! This caught my eye right away as this is my all time favourite sentiment. I love it in gold with that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous!! Congrats on the pub!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Your card is absolutely beautiful. Honestly, every single card that you post should be magazine bound! Well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card. Congratulations, you have sure earned the allocades.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Lisa! This card is definitely your beautiful style, and a great example for publication! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Lisa! This is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa