Sunday, December 16, 2012

CAS(E) This Sketch! #9

I have admired this new blog's sketches and am finally getting to have fun with this one:)!!  The sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch! looks like this...
I came up with an idea that I "revised a couple times after my first thought, so will show you all three...asking family last night came up with all different choices...
This is my first attempt...
 I used Modern letter dies from Papertrey Ink and masked and stamped a sentiment from Stampabilities.  I used a white gel pen to make "string"...but then thought to use REAL thread would be sweeter, so used the dies to make the letters, not the impressions adding red glitter thread and added the sentiment in the bottom corner instead of the the top. Put glossy accents on the layered (3 layers with each letter)and then popped up letters for added dimension and texture.
 My daughter thought that not having a sentiment, because the images are really the sentiment anyway would be more "me"...so I made the last one without any sentiment and used silver glitter thread on a natural speckled white card...
I will enter the third into the challenge...kinda like it without the sentiment, myself:)!!  Thanks for a great sketch, Jackie...super fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. They are all fab. I love the first, until I saw the second. Loved the second, until I saw the third. Now, I just love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous Lisa... what a great idea

    jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing the evolution of this - I love the hanging ho's on the silver cord! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinned amazement, Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Joyce said, loved the first til I saw the second... But I do like the last one best with the silver cord. Still don't know how you made the letters look so dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of your cards this week! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely ADORE these! So perfect for the sketch and super cool! So glad you shared with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popping back, Lisa, to happy dance with you on the shoutout from CTS. I knew it!! Congratulations for the well-deserved recognition! Happy Holidays!! Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa