Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Fancy Feathered Father

I have made a card with a lovely Simon Says Stamp embossing folder and sentiment die, from the Celebrate release, honoring a father for Father's Day...
I used a technique I have seen other card makers use...I lightly sprayed the cardstock with water before embossing.  This gives a deeper texture to the designs when the paper is embossed, and it keeps the paper from fraying, as it can sometimes do when intricately embossed.  I allowed it to dry after embossing, then ran a stamp pad over the raised image to color.  Doing it this way, left a small amount of white on the card.  I added a die cut and layered sentiment, the black is glossy.   I added  a stamped sentiment above the die cut sentiment and popped up the panel on the card.  Here's a close up...
Loving these embossing folders!!  Such great fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa