Saturday, May 18, 2024

Floating Flowers

It's been a few weeks since my last post...so sorry for the silence.  As a woman, to other women who may be reading...please...take care of yourselves!  I now realize that there are many things I should have been doing, and not doing, to take better care of myself, and I am trying to do that now.  Women are so busy taking care of everyone and everything, that we neglect ourselves...please care for yourself!  Okay...spoke my piece.   I have been back in my craftroom the last week, and have made a bunch of cards, that I will end the month of May with!  
This card was made with a pretty new Simon Says Stamp embossing folder, Floating Flowers, from the Celebrate release!...
I have seen a few beautiful cards on Instagram, done with a cool technique that I thought I would try.  I'm not sure what it's called, but it coloring the debossed side of the embossed paper, then taking a black stamp pad and rubbing it over the images you have just colored.  Sounded a little daring and crazy, the black ink part, but it also made perfect sense!!  I embossed the paper,  colored the debossed flowers with markers, then ran a black stamp pad over all the flowers. The only place the black shows up is everywhere there is a flat space, everywhere there is not a flower.  It's also cool that you don't have to color in the lines, as the black ink covers ALL the mistakes you might make!!  I added a much loved Simon sentiment , die cut and layered!   Here's a close up...
Hope you are having a great start to your weekend...a cooler rainy day here in Virginia...so happy I got all my many new daisy plants planted yesterday!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I so really enjoy looking at the beautiful cards you make. I have been looking daily and wondering where you have been. So glad you are back. I too realize how important it is to take care of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa