Friday, April 7, 2023

Spring Blossoms

I have made a card using the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp Spring Blossoms die from the brand new Beautiful Days release!...
From the minute I saw this die, I LOVED it!  I think it's so so pretty!  I see tulips when I look at this flower image, so red tulips it is!  I die cut the flowers, leaving all the pieces in the die.  I die cut a second set of flowers, and removed all the pieces. I used colored cardstock, and filled in the flowers and leaves, but accented the petals and leaves with markers, and then adhered two more layers over the colored die cut,  removing all the pieces. aganr.  I positioned a sentiment from another new stamp set from the release onto a card panel, and adhered the flowers to the panel, cutting the panel a little small, so the flowers slightly flowed off the panel on the top and bottom.  I then popped up the panel on the card.  I thought to add some bling...went back and forth on it, but LOVED it simply as was...simple.  Made me very happy!  Here's a close up...
Today was the first day of hops over at the Simon Blog, hope you will check it out, and also the one tomorrow(I have been asked to be a part of tomorrow's hop!)...so much fun and inspiration!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Your card really caught my eye, so came to get a better look! Interesting that the rest of the samples at SSS just use the outline--nice, but yours is by far my favorite! I'm not big on fiddling with little pieces, but I can't stop looking at your card! May have to get this die after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy a well done simplistic design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With or without the jar, those flowers are just luscious. Clean, simple, but also impactful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I enjoyed viewing your beautiful cards. The flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! I just love simple, elegant cards. They inspire me more than any other!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa