Saturday, April 22, 2023

Flowers for Mom

I have used a couple of the pretty new Simon Says Stamp dies from their latest release, Beautiful Days, to make a card for a mom...
I used an old Simon ink...one of my much loved favorites for light stamping, Fog, and stamped a masked oval on a card panel.  I adhered a watercolored and layered Delicate Florals die cuts to the panel, along with a Fog colored and layered Fancy Mom die cut.  I just liked the way the color of the sentiment went with the worded background.  I tried SO many ways to make this card...with a heart and different sentiment, on watercolor paper as the background...coloring the watercolor paper background, flowers in the center, the flower on a thin panel in the middle...to the side...on black on silver, on white...suffice it to say, I have had my time with these flowers.  I'm not sure why it was so challenging,  but finally  going with Fog all the way, background, sentiment and then the card panel, just worked better than anything I had done...and I liked it.  I used a Simon stencil for the polka dots, and white ink, on Fog cardstock.  Here's a close up...
There is a HUGE crafting event going over at Simon Says Stamp in Ohio this weekend...CREATE!  The first time it's been held since the pandemic!  LOTS of companies are represented there this weekend, with take away projects, and the ability to purchase all kinds of products from the best companies in the business!  I would have LOVED to be there...I hope all that are there, are having a BLAST!  For those of you who maybe couldn't make it this year, maybe next year?!!  You can look for updates on instagram!  I hope you have a crafty weekend, no matter where you are!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa