Monday, October 9, 2023

Berry Branch Christmas Card

I have used two dies from Flora and Fauna, to make a Christmas card...
I cannot pass up a pretty berry branch, and I thought this one HAD to go on a Christmas card!  I will say, though, I modified the berries just a bit.  I generally like to glossy accent the berries, and three of these berries were very close together, and I tried it a first time, and all the glossy accent ran together, so...I die cut 4 little circles(from an old Simon die, Full Card Bubbles...sorry, but no longer available), you could even cut 4 circles,  and covered the circles of the original berries with my die cut berries. I glossy accented the berries BEFORE adhering them over the berries, while also cutting the littlest one on the die cut(the one on the bottom)away from the one next to it, to give the berries a more independent look.  I die cut and layered the "peace" and adhered both the stem and sentiment on a gray piece of cardstock that I had stenciled snow onto with embossing paste.  I really like this Falling Snow stencil...I use it ALOT for simple Christmas cards like this one...gives the umph, that little bit of added interest that fills up empty space without being overwhelming.  It would have looked pretty without the snow, but snow gives it a little something extra!  Here's a close up...
I hope you are having a great start to this new week!  Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! 
 Hugs to you!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa