Friday, August 12, 2022

Floral Stem Two Ways

I have made a couple cards with the wonderful Simon Says Stamp Floral Stem die from their Dream Big release...one watercolor, the other simply marker colored...
I used watercolor cardstock, and embossed the floral stem image onto the paper.  I then used my watercolors to color in the petals and leaves of the stem.  I added a stamped sentiment, from the Big Day stamp set.  I used the same cardstock, and die cut another two stems, and adhered them together.  I then adhered them to the watercolored panel.  I added some jewel tonic drops to add some bling and here's a close up...
The second one, I made into a daisy stem, which only required coloring one flower center, and the leaves...
I layered the outlines just as I had the first card, and although I know both the little flowers look a little off being totally white with no centers, I wanted to keep them all daisies, see as it is a stem, not stems.  I adhered it to a stamped background, made with the pretty new Talavera Vine background stamp, stamped in Simon Fog ink.  I added some enamel accents and added a stamped sentiment from Soaring Birthday, made into a strip, popped up over the stem.  Popped up the whole panel on the card.  Here's a close up
This die makes me so happy...sweet, pretty, and so versatile...lots of fun to create with!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa