Saturday, June 29, 2024

Lily of the Valley


I have used one of the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp dies, today. from their new Sunny Vibes release, along with one of the new sentiment stamp sets from this release, to make a card 
to share with you today...
When growing up, my parents had Lily of the Valley all over the back of our house...and it spread SO much by the time I got older.  It has the most beautiful scent...have always loved how they smell!  Sadly, I have tried to grow them at my house, knowing how easily they grew when I was little, but have failed to be able to keep them alive.  I'm thinking they like a more moderate climate like Buffalo, as opposed to Southern Virginia?! In any event, I now have a beautiful die to be able to enjoy them in paper form, and this die is so beautifullu realistic!  I die cut both the flowers and the leaves from white cardstock.  I colored the leaves with a marker and then adhered the white flowers to the colored stems.  I adhered the flowersn and stems to the panel of patterned paper (I LOVE this paper, and thought it went so perfectly with the green of the paper).  I added a sentiment stamped with versamark and white embossed. I layered it with a piece of textured gold cardstock to frame the patterned paper, and then onto a card.    Here's a close up...
This card was easy and simple, but just goes to show, with the right die and some pretty paper, simply done is it!!  Hope you are having a great weekend!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 30, 2024

    What a lovely card! The Craft Consortium paper was the perfect background for your lily of the valley stem! The added gold frame takes it up several notches! Sue N

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa